You may not use our sites and services if you are under the age of 18 or you are not able to form legally binding contracts. Similarly, whilst using Medicourse, you will not:
- Post, list or upload inappropriate content. Inappropriate is defined as text or pictures likely to cause offence.
- Post false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous content (including personal information).
- Breach any national laws, or infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
- Fail to deliver courses or events that have been paid for.
- Manipulate the price of any event or course in an attempt to circumvent or manipulate our fee structure, the billing process, or fees owed to Medicourse.
- Post feedback or reviews which are knowingly over exaggerated, defamatory or unjustified.
- Use Medicourse to distribute Spam, chain letters or any other bulk electronic communications mechanism.
- Use Medicourse to distribute viruses or any other computer malware.
- Copy, modify, or distribute rights or content from our sites, services or tools or Medicourse copyrights and trademarks.
- Attempt to gather or otherwise collect information about users, including email addresses, without their consent.
We will commence supplying our services to you as soon as you accept this Agreement. Unless you and Medicourse agree otherwise, you will not be able to cancel this Agreement under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (or any equivalent legislation in your jurisdiction) once the supply of the services has commenced.
1. Ownership. Medicourse.co.uk and all of its pan-European versions are brands of Purepages Group Limited (hereafter called the Group), and are owned and operated exclusively by the Group. All rights, title and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds, and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by Purepages Group Limited or by the site’s respective third party authors, developers, or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Medicourse, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site shall be construed to confer any license under any of the Group’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication, or otherwise. Please contact the Group by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Medicourse does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by www.medicourse.co.uk or any of its pan-European versions. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by the Group.
2. Limited Permission to Use Materials. Medicourse hereby grants you permission to use, view, copy and print the Materials on any single, stand-alone computer solely for your personal, informational, non-commercial use and provided that (i) the copyright notice appearing at paragraph 11 below and the trademark notice appearing at paragraph 12 below appears in the Materials, (ii) the Materials are not used on any other Web site or in a networked computer environment and (iii) the Materials are not modified in any way. This permission terminates automatically without notice if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you will immediately destroy any downloaded or printed Materials. Any unauthorized use of any Materials contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
3. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site may contain links to Web sites controlled by parties other than Medicourse (the “Third Party Sites”). Medicourse is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, the contents or use of the Third Party Sites or any Web site accessed from a Third Party Site, or any changes or updates to such sites. Medicourse is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Medicourse is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Medicourse of the Third Party Site. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on Third Party Sites and agree that Medicourse or its parent company Purepages Group Limited is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on a Third Party Site.
4. No Warranty. The Medicourse web system and all materials provided on the site are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Medicourse expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
Medicourse makes no warranty that: (a) the site or the materials will meet your requirements; (b) the site or the materials will be available on an uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free basis; (c) the results that may be obtained from the use of the site, or any materials offered through the site, will be accurate or reliable; or (d) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the site or in reliance on the materials will meet your expectations.
Any materials obtained through the use of the site is done at your own discretion and risk. Medicourse shall have no responsibility for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any content, materials, information or software.
5. Limitation of Liability. In no event shall Medicourse, its parent company Purepages Group Limited, its officers, directors, employees, or agents be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damage (including but not limited to loss of business, revenue, profits, use, data or other economic advantage), however it arises, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, or arising out of or in connection with the use or inability to use this site or materials available from this site, even if Medicourse has been previously advised of the possibility of such damage. If your use of materials from this site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment or data, you assume any costs thereof. Some countries or internal states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
6. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Medicourse, its parent company Purepages Group Limited, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable solicitors or attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site and the Materials.
7. Unsolicited Submissions. Medicourse does not want you to submit un-necessary confidential or proprietary information to it through this Site, without first contacting us. All comments, feedback, information or material submitted to us through or in associate with this Site shall be considered non-confidential and Medicourse’s property, unless otherwise set forth herein or agreed to Medicourse in writing. By providing any unsolicited submissions to this site you hereby assign to Medicourse at no charge, all worldwide right, title and interest in and to the submissions and any intellectual property rights associated therewith. Medicourse will be free to use and/or disseminate such submissions on an unrestricted basis for any purpose. You acknowledge that you are responsible for the submissions that you provide, including their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and content.
9. Children. You may not use our sites and services if you are under the age of 18 or you are not able to form legally binding contracts. If under 18 years of age, we ask that you do not submit any personal information to us.
11. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright © 2009, Medicourse, its parent company Purepages Group Limited. All rights reserved.
12. Trademarks. Medicourse, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons on the Site are service marks, trademarks of Purepages Group Ltd. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
13. Termination of Service. Without limiting other remedies, we may issue you with warnings, limit, suspend, or terminate our service and user accounts, and take technical and legal steps to keep you off our website if:
- We think that you are creating problems (including, without limitation, by harassing staff or other users; making unreasonable legal threats; exposing us to financial loss or legal liabilities.
- We think that you are acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of this Agreement or our policies.
- You fail to pay the appropriate fees and monies due within our accounts deadlines.
14. Fees. Our service to doctors, clinicians and all health sector workers is free. We do charge fees for using other services, such as course/event listings where a charge is made for entry.
15. Ethical Marketing. Purepages Group will never sell or give your personal details to any third party without your permission. If you receive an electronic correspondence from a pharmaceutical, prosthesis or other medical sector company, it is because you have personally requested details on a manufacturer’s event or some product or drug therapy that has a direct relevance to your clinical practice.
Recent (2009) court cases in both the USA and Europe, mean that Purepages Group and its Medicourse team is extremely careful to ensure that all relationships between the team and its sponsors are transparently seen as 100% ethical. Our definition of ethical states that ‘no undue pressure or influence is brought to bear on the clinician other than conveying a simple message of awareness regarding an event or product ’
We believe that Medicourse’s integrated marketing communication channels operate within these guidelines.